If you are not doing your laundry at home just because you think that it will not work well along with your septic tank, then you really need to think about that again. It’s true that we usually don’t like to think about the septic tank systems unless and until there is some problem with that. As it handles all the waste water from homes that is further not connected to the sewer systems, is actually a thing that abides us doing laundry at home.
But what if we say that we have got some better solution for you right here, right now! Isn’t it great? Keeping in mind some of the crucial factors, we, the laundry service in NYC are revealing some of the impeccable ways for maintaining healthy septic systems and preventing some major problems:
- Make sure that you don’t wash one or two loads of laundry each day. It is advisable to wash the clothes throughout the week rather than just running the multiple loads of washing just on a single day.
- Try for better washing machine options. For an instance, you can look for a new front loading or top loading high-efficiency washer in order to replace the old standard top loading washer. In general, the high-efficiency washers generally use half amount of water (15 gallons of water) against 30 to 40 gallons of any standard machine.
- It is advisable not to run the laundry waste water just directly into the septic system drain field; instead it must be run into the septic tank. Generally, the soap or detergent scum would plug into the soil pores in the drain field that may also result into the system fail.
- Better to use the normal amount of detergents or bleaches or any other laundry treating agents that won’t harm or stop the bacterial action in the septic tank. On the contrary, if you use an excessive amount of laundry treating agents, it may result in causing problems with the septic tanks.
- At some of the times, it is possible that the powdered detergents forms clogs in the septic tanks while reducing the processing speed or even blocking down the drain system. So just take care while using the detergent powders in the laundry. Also, there are some of the inexpensive powdered detergents that contain an excessive amount of unwanted filler or carrier. As a result, the best solution is to use liquid detergents in order to avoid any kind of unwanted problem.
So, these were some of the best laundry tips that would not affect the performance of septic tanks when you plan to treat your clothes at home.