Everyone loves to be stylish and wear trendy clothes, but when it comes to laundering those clothes, it seems to be quite a tough task. Usually, the occasional wears and some delicate wears need special treatment and so for them dry cleaning is preferred. As the quality of clothes is important, you need to take special care while treating them.
Even if you are looking for the professional dry cleaning services, you need to make sure that they offer your clothes with the best treatment that can last longer. As a result, in order to make your clothing last longer, below are given some of the most important dry cleaning principles. Let us have a look over those principles:
- Check out the labels for its adequate care instructions as well as fiber content.
- Classify the garment by its fabric type, the degree of soiling, the color of the garment and the cleaning process. The dry cleaning process may include normal laundering, dry cleaning or wet cleaning.
Next comes removing the spots and stains using special stain removal agents, special equipment, and water.
- Also consider the reapplication of any sizing, water repellent as well as other finishes whenever possible and seems to be necessary.
- The professional pressing equipment is then used for restoring the original shape and appearance of the clothes.
- Next thing to be done is fixing the missing or damaged buttons. Also, if possible the dry cleaners have to perform minor repairs wherever possible.
- Finally, the packaging of the garment is done neatly in a protective wrapping.
With the above-mentioned tips, you can surely make your clothing last longer. But still, in addition to that you can consider some of the important things that could maintain the quality of your garments. For this, you need to do the following:
- In order to maintain the quality of your garments, the most important thing that a customer must do is bringing the garment to the professional cleaning as soon as possible. The stains and the soil left for too long could be impossible to remove while shortening the life of your garment.
- Discuss the stains with your cleaner, specifically the light-colored or the invisible spills. This is because the dry cleaner may ignore those stains or take it lightly.
- You need to protect the garments from the excessive perspiration most importantly for the silks. This is recommended as it can cause many dyes to discolor.
- Also, as the perfumes, deodorants, lotions, antiperspirants as well as other toiletries affect the dyes you can allow to dry them before you dress-up.
- You can protect the garment from the prolonged exposure to the direct sunlight. Also, you need to keep in mind that even some of the indoor lighting can affect some of the dyes.
Thus, this is how one can maintain the quality of their clothes for an extended period of times. Also, you will feel much relieved by preserving your occasional and delicate wears by hiring the dry cleaning professionals.